Dr Sriram Narayanan
Specialty: Vascular Surgery
Subspecialty: Aortic and peripheral vascular interventions, advanced superficial and deep venous surgery, dialysis access surgery and advanced wound care
- Dr Narayanan is a senior consultant vascular surgeon performing thoracic and abdominal aortic endovascular repairs for aneurysms with chimney stenting, angiosome-directed and hybrid peripheral vascular revascularisation for diabetic and non-diabetic peripheral vascular disease, dialysis access surgery and carotid surgery for stroke prevention.
- Dr Narayanan is also internationally recognised for his work in advanced venous surgery including venous reconstruction surgery, vein glue and radiofrequency ablation for advanced varicose veins and Intra Vascular Ultrasound and deep venous stenting for both occlusive and reflux venous disease. He also has a special interest in advanced wound care including high dose topical oxygen therapy for diabetic and vein ulcers, negative pressure wound therapy and ultrasound-electrical stimulation therapy for chronic wounds.
- Dr Narayanan obtained his medical degree from JIPMER, India in 1993 and basic surgical training at the Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai India leading to the Master of Surgery degree in 1997. He moved to the UK in 1997 for advanced surgical training and went on to train in Gastro-intestinal, Thoracic and Hepatobiliary surgery in Liverpool and Cornwall followed by 2 years of research in Transplantation at Nottingham. He was selected for the All Wales Higher Surgical Training Programme in Cardiff in 2002 with sub-specialty training in vascular surgery.
- Dr Narayanan move to Singapore in March 2011 as a consultant vascular surgeon at the Tan Tock Seng Hospital where he was the Chief of Vascular Surgery and a Core Faculty Member of the National Healthcare Group Surgical Residency programme. He is an Adjunct Asst Professor to the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and an examiner for the final MBBS examinations.
- Dr Narayanan was the first to describe the different vein anatomy in Asians, first to perform venous glue ablation for venous ulcers and is a key opinion leader, speaker and south-east Asian trainer for venous stenting, intravascular ultrasound and aortic surgery. He has co-supervised PhD and MSc research with Nanyang Technology University School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering on computer modelling of Asian aortic aneurysms and collaborates with A-STAR, Singapore on research in advanced wound care technologies.